Chef Ben Lierman, from Clark’s Appliance Showcase in Greenwood.
- 2 tablespoons butter — divided in half
- 1½ cups spanish onion — ¼ dice
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 pound broccoli rabe (rapini) — washed, dried & cut into 2-inch sections
- salt and pepper — to taste
- 4 egg yolks — beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Peccorino romano cheese
- ½ cup panko — Japanese breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and garlic. Add the broccoli rabe and mix well. Remove pan from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, ricotta & romano. Season well with salt and pepper. Combine everything and put into a lightly oiled gratin dish. Top with bread crumbs and the remaining butter, melted. Bake for 30 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown.