Recipe by Kwang Casey, co-owner and director of restaurant operations at Oaken Barrel Brewing Company, Greenwood.
Yield: 2 servings
- 8 ounces penne pasta (uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (If not available, use dehydrated)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook penne pasta in boiling water – firm not mushy. Drain and set aside. Heat skillet. Add olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and sauté. Add basil and oregano. Add spinach and sauté for 30 seconds. Do not overcook spinach. Add penne pasta and toss. Serve in pasta bowls. Top with feta cheese and garnish with parsley.
Note: You can add grilled chicken or shrimp to dish.