Jim Campbell readily admits he hasn’t pick up much when it comes to cooking. Here are a couple of recipes from his more culinary gifted friends.
- 2 half-inch slices of large green pepper
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 or 2 serrano peppers (depending on heat wanted), seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped ¼ teaspoon cumin salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- habanero jack cheese
- Simmer green pepper slices in a little salted water, until barely tender.
Add a little olive oil to frying pan, simmer chopped onion, serranos and tomatoes for 5 minutes. Make room for the large green pepper slices, and drop them into the sauce. Break an egg into the center of each green pepper slice, cover pan and simmer until eggs are set. Grate habanero jack cheese over the eggs, and when it is melted, serve the eggs on warmed corn tortillas. This serves two old codgers, for normal younger hungry types … just double or triple the recipe to suit.