Recipe courtesy of Tom & Rene Trotter, owner’s of La Trattoria
- 1 pound spaghetti
- olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 chiffonade leaves of fresh basil
Coat bottom of a large pan with olive oil. Heat on medium heat until ripples appear in the oil. Add onions and tomatoes. Cook until onions are translucent and tomatoes begin to break down.
Add butter and crushed garlic and let simmer for a few minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and add herbs and let simmer until wine has reduced by half. Then add the chiffonade fresh basil and pour over the top of pasta. Enjoy!